Sunday, January 12, 2020

Marine Corp Base Quantico - Marine Museum

Have you ever been to the Marine Museum at Marine Corp Base Quantico?
If you haven't - that is truly a destination to head over to.


We were going to go for a few hours, and ended up staying the WHOLE day!
It was amazing!


Just in case you didn't believe I was really there (haha!)

This is the center Rotunda


The aircraft on Display are astounding!!


There is a section of the Museum dedicated to each war that the Marines were called in to - and I do not have a favorite - but the Iwo Jima area was amazing!




This is the flag.... It still gives me the chills to see it again



The whole story is there on the walls for all to see.

If you ever get a chance to go to this museum - I highly Recommend it
( and may have another post all about it soon)

you can read more about it here:
https://www.usmcmuseum.com/


Linking to:
Through my Lens
The good, the random and the fun
Travel Photos
Our World Tuesday
Tuesdays Treasures

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes!! This is a great museum...we went a few years ago and there have been some exhibits added since we were there...will have to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should go there sometime. Thanks for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My ex retired from the USMC after 31 years. I would love to go to that museum and now I know I need to bring tissues. Do you need a military I.D. to get on the base to go to the museum?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your comments!!